Monday, November 8, 2010

Decorating...



Faced with the challenge of moving into a small studio here in LA with limited options in the way of decorating and limited means I actually did find a way to create an apartment I loved living in.
But with only one more month before I return to the Great White North, I am starting to think of ways to decorate my new place, one which I will hopefully find more permanent, though when I first moved in here I was convinced I wouldn't leave... stupid US VISA!
I have found an apartment in Vancouver in South Granville, which I;m very excited about. My mother and Sister in-law found it, after much searching for me!
I haven't seen it but they had me sold on 'claw footed tub' and 'gas stove'
Its a one-bedroom which is super exciting because it means I have a living room to decorate too!
Over the next few weeks I'll be searching for ideas and inspiration and maybe picking up a few fun things down here. I'll be going along the same idea as what I have going on here, color wise, because I'll be bringing home my turquoise chairs and the fun vintage fabrics I found.
But the new place wont have dreadful blinds, or carpet, and the walls will be white not beige, and the couch and tables will be more to my style, because they wont come with the place.
Anyway in the mean-time I'm enjoying my place here before I have to pack it all up in my car and Road Trip it home with my friend Mia, who also writes a fab blog and I will soon be posting out it and our amazing trip plans home!

Heres a little collage I made of images of my 1st apartment all to myself away from home! (ya I didn't count living in residence at University, though I did decorate it very cute, 'French' themed... I wonder if I still have pictures of that?)



No comments:

Post a Comment